Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Weekly Dose of Crafts!

This week is the opposite of last, there is A LOT to show this week!

While failing at really starting this Bite-Free Bed Bug in class last week on double pointed needles (twice actually with 2 different types) I ended up learning about the magic loop method and succeeding with that! The pattern is from Knitting MochiMochi.


Yarns used:
Vanna's Choice
Silver Blue
scraps of black and white

Loops & Threads Impeccable
Lavender

When the knitted Bite-Free Bed Bug didn't work out I started some slippers from Knit Scene magazine, which were surprisingly easy. I just grabbed the only bulky yarn I could think of that I had, so next time I think I would use a solid color & make the smaller size, these are a little big. 


Yarn used:
Lion Brand Tweed Strips Orchid

I also tried the slipper in another yarn I really liked, which was worsted and not bulky, but instead of it coming out smaller like I expected it came out way too big and works better as a smurf hat. :/


A yarn fairy sent me some yarn that arrived on Saturday (thank you yarn fairy!) and it included a few skeins of Knit Picks yarn. I got so excited I had to try some of it out so I made some fingerless mittens!

Yarn used:
1 skein Comfy Worsted Pomegranate

Using the KP yarn got me really excited to try more and then I decided using some of their yarn for Christmas presents might be fun so I got going on a Christmas present planning spree!
I started a simple garter stitch scarf for my sister holding the yarn double and will make a hat to go with it as well, for Christmas.


Yarn used:
Bernat Mosaic Ambrosia


After ordering Twinkie Chan's book online last week (Border's website said it was going to be online only) finding out it was back ordered and also ordering at B&N as a backup for that back order, I saw it on the shelf at Borders! Anyhow I went back with my Borders.com receipt and they let me get my copy in store, I was so excited I started the Giant Carrot Scarf!


Yarn used:
Red Heart Soft Yarn
Tangerine
Guacamole

Vanna’s Baby
Sweet Pea


And finally I started a hat to work on in my knitting class tonight! Berroco Vintage is so so soft!


Yarn used:
Berroco Vintage 5155

For more crafty goodness be sure to stop over at WIP Wednesday! And find me on Raverly as mint910.

12 comments:

  1. I think your little bedbug is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last hat. I'm just learning but I must say that is something I would love to wear!

    (is it hard?)

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, umm... do you sleep? I'm so impressed with all you've managed to knit and crochet in the last week -- amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mad Scientist- I'm just starting and it seems like it won't be hard but I will let you know next week! ;)

    Paula- I do haha but I also don't have a job right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes, you weren't joking when you said that you had a ton to post for WIPW, you weren't kidding!

    I can't wait to start knitting!!! I want to get a few of those books/magazines and I'm determined to find Twinkie's book soon.

    Yarn Fairies, aren't they great?! I have a pretty good one myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes! There's a lot of knitting going on here! I looove the bedbug and the carrot scarf is adorable! I think a bunny hat would be most appropriate with the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha! A fellow cast-on multiple projects fiend! You have some really cute projects going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this is Jess from Lion Brand. I wanted to let you know that your projects look great! I especially love the Tweed Stripes slippers. Keep up the great work!

    With warm regards,
    Jess H.
    Lion Brand Yarn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It amazes me how quickly you produce your crafts! Seriously, you're a speed demon.

    Like the smurf hat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. do you have a pattern for the fingerless mitts? I would love to make myself a pair but haven't been knitting for a while and would be too rusty to attempt them sans-pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Em- Yes! Do you have raverly? You have to log in to see it but it's super easy!

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-fingerless-mitts-3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...