Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday 100

The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman

Amazon.com:

A funny, clear-eyed view of the realities of teenage love from National Book Award winner Pete Hautman. 

Jen and Wes do not "meet cute." They do not fall in love at first sight. They do not swoon with scorching desire. They do not believe that they are instant soul mates destined to be together forever. 

This is not that kind of love story. 

Instead, they just hang around in each other's orbits...until eventually they collide. And even after that happens, they're still not sure where it will go. Especially when Jen starts to pity-date one of Wes's friends, and Wes makes some choices that he immediately regrets. 

From National Book Award winner Pete Hautman, this is a love story for people not particularly biased toward romance. But it is romantic, in the same way that truth can be romantic and uncertainty can be the biggest certainty of all.

Released January 1st 2011

What instantly attracted me to this book was it's cover, I haven't seen a cover this fantastic in a long LONGGGGGGG time! And the story sounds really really awesome as well, for some reason it's giving off a 500 Days of Summer vibe, with the whole seasonal thing. I can't wait to check it out!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

5 comments:

  1. I want this book! I'm glad you posted it on WoW, it is going to the top of my Wish List. It does have that 500 Days of Summer vibe (which I love!) Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very interesting. Perfect for me since I'm not a conventional romance person oftentimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never saw that movie...always wanted to though. However, this looks like a great book. I saw it around not that long ago, I don't believe, and the cover really does grab you. Nice pick.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is this book a graphic novel? I can't tell. The cover leads me to think yes, but perhaps not?

    Regardless, i am stoked that you brought this to my attention. I want it NOW. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina- No I don't think it's a graphic novel. It just have a kind of graphic cover! I wish it was though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...