Friday, October 29, 2010

Lookalikes 125


Grace, Fallen from by Marianne Boruch



No Shame, No Fear by Ann Turnbull

Sorry for pixelation central over here today but I wanted to get these covers up a little larger than I could find them. I'm also unsure what editions these are because I've also seen other versions for both. The coloring of both of these really kind of depresses me, but then again it might just be that the colors don't translate online because they are extremely monotone. It is rather interesting how the titles and author names appear in almost exactly the same place, makes me think that is is not a cropped version of the image but the entire image (or painting is it?) so that is all the space they had to play with, that's the most logical place for the information to go. Overall just a sort of eh feeling from me. 

Thanks to The Book Pixie who suggested this lookalike!

Have you spotted a Lookalike you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are just so...blah.

    I've read a little of No Shame, No Fear and that cover doesn't go with the story at ALL. There's another cover and it's much prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom one's better but to be honest, I wonder why they chose that cover at all - it's very bleak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I like the picture. I think it conveys something. Perhaps not as a book cover, but if I saw it in a museum, I'd be enthralled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same cover? different title? wow.






    ----------------------------
    BookCreak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...