Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 91

A Change of Altitude by Anita Shreve

Hardcover

Paperback

Amazon.com:

Margaret and Patrick have been married just a few months when they set off on what they hope will be a great adventure-a year living in Kenya. Margaret quickly realizes there is a great deal she doesn't know about the complex mores of her new home, and about her own husband.

A British couple invites the newlyweds to join on a climbing expedition to Mount Kenya, and they eagerly agree. But during their harrowing ascent, a horrific accident occurs. In the aftermath of the tragedy, Margaret struggles to understand what happened on the mountain and how these events have transformed her and her marriage, perhaps forever.

A Change in Altitude illuminates the inner landscape of a couple, the irrevocable impact of tragedy, and the elusive nature of forgiveness. With stunning language and striking emotional intensity, Anita Shreve transports us to the exotic panoramas of Africa and into the core of our most intimate relationships.

I love the photo on the hardcover, it's just so elegant! I haven't read the book but it seems to speak to what I assume the book is about. I do think the paperback is consistent with some of her other paperback releases with the big color band, but they are just a little bit blah.

Hardcover or Paperback?

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

7 comments:

  1. I actually like both covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hardcover--I don't particularly like when books have that color band on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the hardcover, though neither cover makes me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both of these are boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neither draw me in a lot but I will say the Hardcover is more haunting so I like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find them both to be...meh...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...