Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 76

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

Hardcover

Paperback

Paperback (CA)


Paperback 2 (CA)

Amazon.com:

He placed a notice in a Chicago paper, an advertisement for "a reliable wife." She responded, saying that she was "a simple, honest woman." She was, of course, anything but honest, and the only simple thing about her was her single-minded determination to marry this man and then kill him, slowly and carefully, leaving her a wealthy widow, able to take care of the one she truly loved.

What Catherine Land did not realize was that the enigmatic and lonely Ralph Truitt had a plan of his own. And what neither anticipated was that they would fall so completely in love.

Filled with unforgettable characters, and shimmering with color and atmosphere, A Reliable Wife is an enthralling tale of love and madness, of longing and murder.

Well, I'm throwing Canada into the mix here because I've always liked Canada's original paperback. I do love how they are all a bit mysterious though. For some reason the coloring of the U.S. paperback just makes me think of bloody battles into practically monotone color. Don't ask. I have this book and have to read it though!

Hardcover or Paperback?

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!



9 comments:

  1. I HATE with a burning passion the second cover. Don't ask me why, I just do. Loved this book though. All the other covers are fine, just that second one makes me go into disproportionate fits of rage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the US covers. If I had to choose, I'd pick the paperback. It's pretty striking and it definitely makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top one (harback) -- I don't know, it really attracts me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hardcover is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first paperback cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Canada's first best. I read the beginning and ending of this book and didn't like his writing style, though. I'm interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh the CA paperback!! *sigh* So purty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read this last week! Great book. I have the US paperback (#2 cover) and I think I like it best, despite Lu's rage!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...