Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James

Amazon.com:

A fabulously fun, romantic comedy from a dynamic new talent.

Nothing fazes Taylor Donovan—not in the courtroom and not in her personal life. So when she’s assigned to coach People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” for his role in the next big legal drama, she refuses to fall for the Hollywood heartthrob’s charms. Even if he is the Jason Andrews.

I had heard great things about Julie James and her books and turns out I agree with them! Of the few romance novels I've read in the contemporary genre I would say Just the Sexiest Man Alive is so close to the Chick Lit genre the line is blurred and I loved it. That said, I would say this is a great place for someone to start if they enjoy Chick Lit and are curious about the Romance genre but don't want to dive in head first.

I loved the character of Taylor, she's confident and good at what she does. She doesn't let her past problems with a cheating finance steal her confidence but it does make her guard her heart a bit. When she finds out she is being forced to (and I mean forced to- she tries to get out of it!) work with hot superstar Jason Andrews she doesn't make it easy for him and doesn't bow to his every whim like everyone else does. She treats him like an average joe and that sure catches his attention!

Maybe it's not completely believable that the sexiest man alive would only have eyes for Taylor but he does and it's a fun ride! I love that he tries to woo her and she won't have any of that, at first! This book doesn't have the naught bits of some other romances so it would make a great read for someone that isn't looking for that or maybe a younger reader as well.

This book I didn't want to put down and had a great time reading! I can't wait to check out Julie James other 2 releases!

Just the Sexiest Man Alive was released on October 7th 2008
Genre: Contemporary Romance
4/5 Stars
Got from bookmooch

11 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. I'm hearing this is like book crack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! The new Julie James book comes out in 2 days, I'm excited! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dannie- It pretty much was!

    Cindy- I've been stalking Borders hoping they would have it early but no luck... so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great read! I think I'll totally check it out, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of all the romance genres, contemporary is my favorite, and this is one of the better authors. I think I liked JUST THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE a bit better than her other one, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT, but they are both good really. (If you want a rec, have you read BET ME by Jennifer Crusie? It's my go to recommendation for contemporary romance along with Julie James now).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, the naughty bits. But very true. I hope you like the new too. It's definitely a bit steamier than her previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed this book. I love this author and I'm always happy to find other people that love her books too. You should definitely read her other books, they're so good!

    Practice Makes Perfect came out last year and was super good, her new book Something About You comes out on Tuesday and it's super good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this book! One of my favorite contemporary romances of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about Julie James, and the fact that you say it's close to the "chick lit" genre makes me more willing to give her books a try! I'm not really a romance reader, but I discovered Kristan Higgins last year, which I would describe exactly like you did Julie James, and I love her writing. So I guess I'll have to try James too, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book seems fun. I've added it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks so cute :) i've gotta check it out :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...