Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hardcover vs Paperback 56

Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane

Original paperback

AmazonEncore Edition paperback

Amazon.com:

Anything can look perfect on paper. When her fiancé calls off their wedding at the last minute, Waverly Bryson wonders if her life will ever turn out the way she thought it would...or should. Her high-powered job in sports PR? Not so perfect. Her relationship with her dad? Far from it. Her perfect marriage? Enough said. To keep sane, Waverly makes a habit of jotting down "Honey Notes," her own brand of self-deprecating wisdom and a pipe-dream for a line of greeting cards.

As Waverly stumbles back into the dating scene (no stalkers or jean shorts, please), her personal and professional lives threaten to collide. Perfect on Paper reminds us that everyone has a bad date (or twelve), and that everyone eventually needs a best friend to tell them, “Honey, you are not alone.”

Perfect On Paper was one of my favorite books I read in 2008 so when I heard the book was being re-released by Amazon I was very excited, it's going to get into the hands of more people! Anyways, I was very excited to see what they did with the cover and now I know!

I never really had a feeling towards the original cover I just read the book and fell in love with the story but I do like what they did with the new Amazon edition. I think it keeps the spirit of the original cover but does it up a bit more. I'm glad they didn't slap a person on the cover, then it would have looked like everything else out there!

Hardcover or Paperback?

Thanks to Book Chic who showed me the new Perfect on Paper reissue cover!

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

14 comments:

  1. I pick the paperback. I love colorful covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are actually both paperbacks sorry :( Sometimes I do reissues under the H vs P umbrella. Sorry for the confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one with the colorful envelopes. (and I appreciate the one-step comment form, thx.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention and glad I could be of help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the colorful one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was one of the first books I reviewed for my blog so I have a special bond with it! I too LOVE the new Amazon paperback cover. It's bright and colorful and does a bit more justice than the bland (sorry!) original cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the colorful Amazon edition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paperback all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colorful envelopes all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read this book but your comments on it have made me ILL it. I like the new cover better though, it really jumps out with all its colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the updated paperback! I remember when it first came out and bloggers were reading it. I really hated that boring cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colorful envelopes edition. The first is boring with a capital B.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...