Friday, October 16, 2009

Lookalikes 71

The Artist, the Philosopher, and the Warrior by Paul Strathern

Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King

At first glance I figured these were by the same author and when I realized they weren't figured same series? Nope... same publisher... nope! So many of the elements are the same it's kind of spooky! Same color palette, same type of image, similar font, similar frame around the images...

Which do you prefer?

Have you spotted a Lookalike you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

8 comments:

  1. To be honest, neither I think they're kind of dull.

    Ahhh I am such a kill joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quality of light seems stronger in the second somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the first one, and I love the tones of both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the second one, but maybe that's because of the subject matter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. First one, only if i have to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I like them both because I love the colors and tones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them both, but I lean more toward the first one -- I think I like the additional details. Do you think it could be the same book designer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like them both. At a push, it might be the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...