Sunday, September 28, 2008

Meme: Blogging Changed My Life


Carrie of Books and Movies tagged me for this meme. I'm so horrible I didn't even realized it until just now! I was tagged to write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected me, either positively or negatively.

So let's see. According to my blogger profile I've had this blog since June 2005! I remember I was taking a summer college course or two that summer and wanted to try something new. There weren't many people around that summer and I thought it would be fun. Until about April of this year it was a random blog that I randomly posted on. A few friends read it at first but then eventually I don't think anyone was reading it. I myself loved reading blogs, I used to read a lot of art/design and craft blogs but around April I started reading book blogs and more specifically ya book blogs. The community seemed so awesome I decided to start blogging again but this time with more of a focus and more consistently. 

1. Blogging has made me feel for the first time a part of a community of book lovers. I've never encountered any group of people that can identify with my love of books as much as you guys.

2. It's pulled me away from the tv at night if only for a little bit. If I didn't blog I'm pretty sure I'd spend the whole night in front of the tv. But now with blogging it's given me an outlet to also share my love or tv and movies!

3. Blogging has challenged me to read consistently (that and free time while riding the bus) if I haven't read any books in a long time I'd have nothing to say about them and this would probably just be a movie blog! 

4. Blogging has made me more social even if it's only through the computer. I can be very happy hanging out with myself but sometimes you should take a break from that. I really enjoy talking with you all, sharing stories and book/tv/movie recommendations!

5. I also think that blogging has given me an outlet to archive this period of my life. Imagine looking back in 20-30 years and reading tons of things you've talked about and thought about. I think that's awesome.

6. And oh, one more thing. Blogging has encouraged my bad habit of book buying! *smacks hand*

If you'd be interested in doing this meme consider yourself tagged! Put the link in the comments so I can come see!

How has blogging affected you?

PS That drawing has nothing to do with this. I just wanted to post an image with this. That's part of a zine I created entitled "Animals that Rule" and yes I mean as royalty. I crack myself up!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Thanks for playing along! I love the book blogging community, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am not the only one who misses these. :)
    I just posted today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:42 AM

    Oh yes! Blogging has increased the spending...ugh! Well, my purse can rest for the remainder of the year...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie K.-Thanks for tagging me!

    mari- I guess that's what i get for getting behind in my blogs! Whoops!

    J. Kaye- I think it has increased my spending, but also having a full time job and more money than I have ever had before didn't help it either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...