Thursday, June 12, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

Have you ever been a member of a book club? How did your group choose (ot, if you haven’t been, what do you think is the best way to choose) the next book and who would lead discussion?
Do you feel more or less likely to appreciate books if you are obliged to read them for book groups rather than choosing them of your own free will? Does knowing they are going to be read as part of a group affect the reading experience?


Book Clubs. How I've always wanted to belong to one. I've come close but not all the way yet!

At one point in college about ten of us decided to try and read a book together. We threw out ideas and voted via facebook. Ended up picking The Time Traveler's Wife. The school year ended and we never found a time to get together and discuss it. I think about half the people finished before the year was up but the other's weren't done. I did hear that most people really did enjoy it, including myself. It's just a shame we never actually got to meet, I'm so glad I got to read that book though I really love it.

I've also read the same book at the same time as a friend before but we never actually sat down and discussed it. We more just talked about it casually on and off.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect that since you're open to it, eventually you'll find a group and it'll be a good one for you. At least, that's how I found mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan- I do hope that is the case!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...